The North Tower, at 2600m, is one of the three granite spires that make up the famous Towers of Paine. Its normal route, the ‘monzino’ makes for an incredible climb, that can be accomplished by anyone with basic climbing experience. With our professional guides, you will hike up the ascensio valley, and into the Silencio Valley. This area, hidden to the eye of the common tourist, is wild and breathtaking. From here we will access the route via the Bich Couloir, and climb 600 metres of perfect Patagonian granite. After scaling the airy summit block, we will be able to truly appreciate the magic of Torres del Paine, with views of the Southern Ice Cap, and the incredible geological formations of Torres del Paine National Park in its entirety.
- Departure from Puerto Natales 1.5 hours to Torres del Paine National Park
- From the Cerro Paine Estancia we will hike 4 hours to our high camp, at the sheltered Japanese Camp, in a lush Beech Forest.
- We will depart Japanese Camp after breakfast, ascending the incredible ‘Silence Valley’ to reach our high camp at the iconic ‘Whillans Box’, at the base of the North Tower, for the night.
- We will leave the Whillans Box at 4am on the third day, ascending the Bach Couloir, to the col between the North and Central Towers.
- From the Col, we will climb roughly 400m of unbelievable Patagonian Granite, the first two pitches are graded at 5.9-5.10, whilst the rest of the route is an easy 5.8 scramble, before climbing the very last face pitch on the exposed Summit Block.
- From the knife-edge summit we will take in the glory of summiting one of the Towers of Paine, and appreciate the spectacular view of the surrounding peaks, such as Cerro Escudo, Tridente, and the other golden Towers that form this Massif.
- From here we will begin rappelling the same route, and descend the Couloir back to our high camp at the Whillans Box.
- On our fourth day we will hike back down to the Cerro Paine Estancia, where our return to Puerto Natales, to celebrate our climb!
2,200 USD 1 person
2,800 USD 2 people
Where: Torres del Paine National Park
Difficulty: Moderate, 5.9 climbing
Duration: 4 days
Availability: Septiembre – April
Pick-up: To be arranged
UIAGM Certified Mountain Guide, Climbing Equipment, Climbing Permit
Doesnt Include: Park Entrance Fee, Transport, Food, Insurance
Observations: Ascents can vary depending on weather conditions