The Sharks Fin, is an aesthetic granite blade, sculpted by ancient glaciers in the heart of the French Valley. The normal route of this peak is an absolute delight. Beautiful climbing with a difficulty of 5.9, on perfect Patagonian granite. After climbing some 10 pitches, we reach the knife blade summit, from which we can appreciate the amphitheatre of breathtaking mountains which surround us, in this paradise, the French Valley.
- Departure from Puerto Natales for 2 hours to Torres del Paine National Park
- From Port Pudeto, we will take a cruise ship for half an hour, across Lake Pehoe to Paine Grande.
- From the Paine Grande Pier, we will hike 5-6 hours to our high camp, in the heart of the French Valley, surrounded by astonishing Granite big walls.
- We will leave high camp at 4am, hiking two hours to the base of our route, on the West Face of the Sharks fin
- From the base of the route, we will climb approximately 500m of Patagonian crack systems on perfect granite, until we reach the knife edge summit.
- From the summit we’ll have an unbelievable 360 degree view of the French Valley, and other iconic peaks such as Paine Grande, The Cathedral, The Castle, and the Cabeza de Indio will truly blow us away.
- After enjoying this breathtaking summit, we will rappelling the same route we climbed, and hike back to our high camp for a well-deserved rest.
- On our third day we will descend to the Paine Grande Pier, and take the cruise ship back across Lake Pehoe, where we will return back to Puerto Natales to celebrate our climb!
2,000 USD 1 person
2,600 USD 2 people
Where: Torres del Paine National Park
Difficulty: Moderate, 5.9 climbing
Duration: 3 days
Availability: Septiembre – April
Pick-up: To be arranged
UIAGM Certified Mountain Guide, Climbing Equipment, Climbing Permit
Doesnt Include: Park Entrance Fee, Transport, Food, Insurance
Observations: Ascents can vary depending on weather conditions