Mount Castillo is located between Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine, making it the perfect 360 degree lookout for the entire province. 4 hours hiking through native Nirre forests, and traversing the west and central summits, we arrive at the principal summit (1100m). From here we can appreciate the Southern Ice Cap with its vast expanse of incredible glaciers, as well as the entirety of the Torres del Paine Massif, and the turqoise lakes and rivers which flow out of the National Park.
- Pick up from your accommodation in Puerto Natales, we will drive an hour to the Estancia Complejo Paine at the base of Mt. Castillo.
- From the base of the mountain, we will begin our ascent crossing an open Ñirre forest before beginning to ascend the North-West face.
- After two hours we will reach the shoulder of the mountain and begin to ascend the rocky ridge between the West and Central summits before reaching the principal summit at 1.100 m.a.s.l. The views throughout the climb of the Toro and Porteño lakes blow us away as we appreciate this special vantage point between Puerto Natales and Torres del Paine in the Señoret Mountain Range.
- From the summit we can enjoy lunch while overlooking the Chacabuco Mountain Range, Southern Ice Field, and Torres del Paine Massif, an unforgettable moment for any adventurous traveler.
- After descending, our private transfer will be waiting to take you back to your accommodation in Puerto Natales.
250 USD per person / minimum 2 people
Where: Estancia Complejo Paine
Duration: 10 hours
Availability: Septiembre – April
UIAGM Certified Mountain Guide, Climbing Equipment, Snack, Private Transport
Observation: Ascents are always dependant on weather conditions